7th Classic Yacht Symposium™
May 20, 21, 22, 2016
At the Herreshoff Marine Museum, Bristol, RI
Exploring the Breadth & Boundaries
of Classic Yachts
A Collaborative Event to Enhance Understanding, Appreciation and Exploration of New Ideas on all Aspects of Classic Yachts
Extended CYS 2016 Paper Abstract Submittal Dates
Plans are progressing to make the 7th Classic Yacht Symposium a full three-day event with industry tours, panels, papers and great networking. The attached revised CYS 2016 Call for Papersresponds to requests to allow more time for abstract submittals and also fits better with student academic schedules.
If you have an idea for a paper we encourage you to discuss it with us now. We are ready to help develop your ideas and construct your abstract. Contact John Palmieri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to download the Revised Call for Papers.
Click Here to download the Instructions to Authors
Save the Date and Call for Papers
Invitation to the Worldwide Classic Yacht Community
Designers, builders, restorers, preservers, owners, sailors, students and dreamers of future projects are invited to submit a paper on a subject relative to excellence in classic yacht design, maintenance, restoration, replication, and performance.
Topics of Interest:
- Trends in classic yachts. What makes a classic? Boundaries of classics & the spirit of traditions.
- Classic yacht history, design; analytical & test basis for the designs; comparisons to current practice & technology
- Classic yacht restoration/replication & use; both power and sail
- Perspectives on elements of a successful project
- Implementation- research, scope, purpose, techniques, lessons-learned
- Details and features- hull, rig, powering, fittings & outfit, rating rules
- International experience in rebuilding classic racing fleets
- Adaptation of classic designs to modern materials
- Herreshoff Centennial Yachts- Herreshoff designs celebrating 100 years
- Fish Class
- New York 40 Class
- Schooner MARIETTE
A Special invitation:
- Student Paper Prize
- Owners, builders, restorers & observers of the Herreshoff Centennial Yachts provide your comments & experiences in a short paper format
October 1, 2015: Submission of abstracts- 200 words [Students Abstracts: Nov 1]
Submittal + 1 week: Authors informed of acceptance
January 8, 2016: Submission of draft papers for CYS Proceedings
January 29, 2016: Selection of papers to be presented at CYS
April 8, 2016: Submission of final papers for CYS Proceedings
Guidance and submittals- For guidance on all papers including student papers, & Herreshoff Centennial Yacht short papers go to the CYS 2016 section www.herreshoff.org, Submit abstracts and questions to email@example.com
Download the Instructions for Authors: Click Here.
Revised Save The Date / Call for Papers: Click Here.